Ministry to the Sick & Shut-in
This outreach program provides the volunteer with an opportunity to minister to members of our parish who are ill, homebound, or in a nursing home and who wish to receive the sacraments during their hospitalization, recuperation, or extended stay. For more information or to become involved as a minister to those who are sick or shut-in, please use our form below to contact us.
Contact Ministry to the Sick and Shut-in
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Ages This ministry is most appropriate for men and women over 18 years of age.
- Ministry Location Homes, hospitals, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes within our parish. Currently, the nursing homes and assisted living facilities that are visited include Wesley Ridge, McNaughton Pointe, The Woodlands of Columbus, and any other facilities where our parishioners may be residents or patients.
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Frequency The time volunteers spend involved in this ministry varies depending upon the number of people they serve. Volunteers are asked to visit weekly to insure the parishioner receives communion weekly.
- Time(s) Visits last approximately 30 minutes each.
- Special or Helpful Skills Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion must be confirmed Catholics. Commissioning of ministers occurs every two years and will next be offered to parishioners in 2018.
- Additional Information Volunteers should have reliable transportation.