Military Outreach Program
This volunteer program seeks to serve and support our soldiers abroad, their families at home and our local veterans. This ministry has an annual collection to organize, collect, collate and ship items to military family members deployed overseas and to an “adopted” unit. Packages are shipped out by volunteers year round, after the spring drive, and in November through the Christmas Care Package program. The Military Outreach Program has worked in partnership with the local VFW Post 9473, St. Vincent de Paul, Girl Scout troops, Latchkey, and the St. Pius X Parish School of Religion (PSR). Do you have a military family member or relative deployed overseas or do you have any questions regarding our program? Please contact us by telephone or contact us through our form below. Thank you!
Contact Military Outreach Program
This Year, We're Supporting
- USO Fenty, near Jalalabad Airport, Afghanistan
- Deployed family members of St. Pius X, Seton, and the VFW Post 9473
- Various veteran and active military programs throughout the year
Read Thank You Notes from Our Soldiers
Hello, this is PV2 Malone from 501st MI BDE in Yongsan, South Korea! I just want to say thank you for the care packages! My fellow battles and I really appreciated them! The Katusas (South Korean soldiers that work with us) really enjoyed the Girl Scout cookies! It was their first time ever having them :) I enjoyed the rosary the most! I keep it in my OCP blouse!
On behalf of the Soldiers here at TB Gamberi, let me say thank you for your wonderful support of the young men and women who are currently unable to be with their families, while serving in eastern Afghanistan. Your generous donation of Girl Scout Cookies, hygiene supplies and snacks have really brightened the days of our Soldiers. While the Soldiers do get three square meals a day, it’s the small comfort items from home that make it easier. Your efforts remind us all the great hearts and spirits of Americans and that they are thinking about us.
I hope this note finds you well. Please pass on our heartfelt thanks to all the parishioners of St. Pius X Catholic Church who have contributed to this outreach of yours. We appreciate your continued support of the well-being of our Soldiers. Please know that while the Soldiers here have never met you, you bring joy and comfort to those serving in Afghanistan. It might not be enough just to say thank you, but please know that we all do.
Pray for me.
Peace and Blessings,
I just received my care packages from St. Pius. Thank you so much for sending them. It is always a warm feeling to know someone back home is thinking about us! Please give my appreciation to everyone that is involved. I hope you have a great day!
Parish Veteran List
We are currently collecting a list of veterans from St. Pius X Parish in order to pay tribute. If you, or someone in your family, is a veteran, please find our form in the church vestibule. Complete the form and return it to us in the collection basket. We will communicate with those completing the form about tribute opportunities.
Volunteer & Service Opportunities
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age The planning committee of this ministry is appropriate for men and women over age 15. Youth 8 and above are welcome to volunteer for sorting day if they are accompanied by an adult. This is a service opportunity for elementary/middle/high schoolers.
- Designation This ministry is limited event, operating a few months each year. Please see our descriptions below for more guidance.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X School PAC Room and Gymnasium, 1061 Waggoner Rd. Reynoldsburg, OH.
- Frequency The Military Outreach Committee meets in January to assign volunteer tasks for the remainder of the year. The kick off for the drive takes place in March. The annual sorting date follows 3-4 weeks later on a Sunday after the 8:30 AM Mass.
- Time(s) These vary. Please see Frequency. Times are announced to volunteers in advance of activity.
- Special or Helpful Skills No special skills or military background is required.
- Additional Information Volunteers are needed to work Stand Down Columbus which is a homeless veteran event downtown in October.