Adopt-a-Student School Supply Program
The Adopt-A-Student School Supply Project is sponsored by the Father Hohman Council #5253 of the Knights of Columbus and benefits families served by the St. Francis Center in McArthur, the county seat of Vinton County. Vinton County is Ohio’s smallest county in terms of population and the most impoverished. Many families there cannot afford basic necessities, let alone school supplies. With your donations, the Knights help fulfill their needs by distributing kits containing basic school supplies. Each kit has a pencil box, five No. 2 pencils, three ballpoint pens, a pair of blunt or pointed scissors, a box of 24-count crayons, a large eraser or three pencil-top erasers, and one large or three small glue sticks. Also needed are packs of notebook filler paper or loose leaf paper. Teachers can use extra supplies of facial tissues, hand sanitizer, and anti-bacterial wipes. Large sizes in particular are welcome.
For more information, to donate supplies, or to become involved as a packing volunteer to help young students learn, please use our form below to contact us.
For Knights of Columbus #5253
Contact Adopt-a-Student School Supply Program
Donation Supply List
For Students -
- Pencil boxes
- No. 2 pencils
- Ballpoint pens
- Pairs of blunt or pointed scissors
- Boxes of 24-count crayons
- Large erasers or pencil-top erasers
- Large or small glue sticks.
- Packs of notebook filler paper or loose leaf paper
- Facial tissues
- Hand sanitizer
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- Larger sizes of these items in particular are welcome.
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Age This ministry is appropriate for men and women age 18 and over, families or groups working together. This is a service opportunity for high school students.
- Designation Donations will be collected at all Masses on the weekends of July 22/23 and July 29/30. We will pack school supplies in the PAC Room on Monday, July 31.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Parish Activity Center (PAC Room), 1061 Waggoner Rd. Reynoldsburg, OH.
- Frequency One evening only
- Time(s) 6:30 - 8:30 PM
- Other Information Volunteers sort, collate and pack donated school supplies. K of C volunteers take school supply kits to the St. Francis Center in McArthur on the following day.