Gift bearers represent the parish worshipping community by bringing gifts of bread and wine to the altar where the priest accepts them for consecration. This is one of the easiest ways to volunteer in the parish and it is an important role. For more information or to become involved, please use our form below to contact us.
Contact Gift Bearer Ministry
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Ages This ministry is appropriate for men and women ages 18 and over, teens 13-18 with or without parental/guardian supervision, school age 9-12 with parental or adult supervision, and families/groups working together
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Church, 1051 Waggoner Rd. Reynoldsburg, OH
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Frequency Anyone who signs up should indicate the Mass they would prefer to be gift bearers. They will be placed on a rotating schedule throughout the year. They should make every effort to check the Ministry Schedule in the bulletin or online from our website to ensure that they know when they are scheduled for the following weekends Mass. We can accommodate a known conflict and avoid scheduling for a particular weekend if the conflict is communicated to us by the 20th of the month, prior to the schedule being published.
- Time(s) Gift bearers server at one of our weekend Masses: Saturday 5:00 PM, Sunday 8:30 AM, 10:15 AM or 12:00 Noon. For Holy Days, a sign-up sheet is used to schedule volunteers.
- Special Skills
- Other Information This is one of the easiest and important ministries to become involved in...no meetings to attend, just attend Mass and carry the gifts down to the priest. There is a need for more gift bearers at the 12:00 Noon Mass.