Altar servers assist the priest during Masses on the weekends, Holy Days, special liturgies, and at weddings and funerals. For more information or to become involved, please use our form below to contact us.
Current Altar Server Schedule
Please access our current ministry schedule from our Schedules and Handbooks page.
Contact Altar Server Ministry
- Volunteers Needed? Yes
- Volunteer Ages This ministry is appropriate for children and teens in Grades 4-8, High School students, and adults.
- Ministry Location St. Pius X Church, 1051 Waggoner Rd. Reynoldsburg, OH
- Designation This ministry is ongoing throughout the year.
- Frequency Altar servers typically serve at one Mass every 4-5 weeks, depending on the availability of servers. There is a quarterly schedule of altar servers developed by Mass time in advance. This schedule is always posted and available at our website.
- Time(s) Altar servers are assigned to one Mass time only: Saturday 5:00 PM, Sunday 8:30 AM, 10:15 AM or 12:00 Noon. Holy Days are by sign-up in the Sacristy. Servers are contacted when needed for funerals and weddings.
- Special Skills Reliability is important.
- Other Information We can accommodate a particular Mass time that you and your family regularly attend, and we can schedule around conflicts with advance notice prior to publication of our schedule. A series of training sessions is required. Once a large enough group of students is assembled, the ministry leader schedules and communicates the dates and times.